LAST UPDATED: Jan 11, 2019
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE “AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OUR SERVICES, BECAUSE THEY CONSTITUTE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND VOCALO INC. (DBA “BOOSTUP.AI”) AND GOVERN YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES, APPLICATIONS, OR WEBSITES (COLLECTIVELY: THE “SERVICE” AND “OUR“, “US” OR “WE“ RESPECTIVELY). EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE AGREED IN WRITING BY THE PARTIES, THIS AGREEMENT IS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE TO ANY SALES ORDER OR PURCHASE ORDER (“SALES ORDER”) SIGNED AND EXECUTED BY AND BETWEEN YOU AND US.
1. THE SERVICE
- The Service is a sales intelligence platform. It is intended to enable you to analyze sales communications in email, calendar, call recordings, CRM and other tools.
- We provide you a right and permission to use the Service subject to a valid subscription, pursuant to the terms of the Sales Order, or subject to free evaluation terms, as further detailed below.
- Upon your subscription to the Service, We will grant you access to the Service or certain parts of it, which will allow you to add end-user accounts (“the Users“) and to control or manage certain features of the Service. Your Users’ access to the Service is limited and personal.
- We use commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the highest Service availability. However, We cannot guarantee that the Service will operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner. We perform Service maintenance and use commercially reasonable effort to schedule Our system down-time to off-peak hours and to avoid service interruptions and delays.
2. EVALUATION PERIOD
- We may make the Service or any part of it available to you on an evaluation basis until the earlier of (i) the end of the applicable evaluation period pursuant to the Sales Order, (ii) your purchase of a Service subscription, or (iii) any termination of the evaluation by Us for any reason, or for no reason at all, by sending you a termination notice with immediate effect.
3. INFORMATION SECURITY AND DATA PROTECTION
- We use technical and organizational measures to maintain an adequate level of security, to prevent unlawful or unauthorized access, use, destruction, modification and disclosure of your Content by our personnel. These measures include: (i) using encryption; (ii) ensuring the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of our information systems; (iii) using back-up and data restoration capabilities; and, (iv) periodically testing and assessing Our data security capabilities – all pursuant to Our internal security practices and policies and third party audits.
4. YOUR UNDERTAKINGS
- You assume full responsibility for your and your Users’ use of the Service in accordance with this Agreement and with applicable local, state, federal, national and international laws, regulations and treaties, and warrant that you have obtained all rights to provide us with all of the Content.
- You will not, and ensure that your Users will not, use the Services or Content for any use or purpose that: (i) is obscene, libelous, blasphemous, defamatory, inciting hatred, terrorism or any similar offence; (ii) infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights or violates the privacy rights of any third party (including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right, moral right, or right of publicity); (iii) is in violation or may encourage any manner of acting that would violate any applicable local, state, national and foreign laws, treatises and regulations; or (iv) may drive or encourage any third party to do any of the above.
- You will not, and will ensure that your Users will not: (i) use the Service for non-business activities or abuse the Service; (ii) resell, transfer, grant others permission to use the Service, pledge, lease, rent, or share your rights under this Agreement (including without limitation to any of your affiliates); (iii) modify, remove or amend Our name or logo, update, reproduce, duplicate, copy all or any part of the Service; (iv) make any of the Service or Content available to anyone other than your employees and consultants for use for your benefit as intended pursuant to this Agreement, or use any Service or Content for the benefit of anyone other than you; (v) use the Service in any way that restricts or inhibits the use of the Service; (vi) access or attempt to access any of our systems, programs or data that are not made available for public use, or attempt to bypass any registration processes on the Service or any of the Service’s security and traffic management devices; or (vii) attempt to decompile, disassemble, re-engineer or reverse engineer the Service or otherwise create or attempt to create or permit, allow, or assist others to extract source code of the Service, its structural framework or allow or facilitate a third party, to violate or infringe any rights of Ours or others or Our policies or the operational or security mechanisms of the Service.
- When using the Service in conjunction with other third party services, you will comply with the terms of service of such third party services. We shall not be liable for any termination, breach of terms or suspension of service resulting from your use of the Services.
- You may not access or use the Service if you are a direct competitor of Ours. or for monitoring the Service’s availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes.
5. SUBSCRIPTION FEES
- In consideration for the right to use the Service under the terms herein, you will pay non-refundable subscription fees in the amount and payment terms under the applicable Sales Order (the “Subscription Fees“).
- Your Subscription Fees are exclusive of taxes, levies, duties or similar governmental assessments of any kind (excluding taxes based on Our income, property and employees). You will be responsible for paying any and all such taxes.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS; YOUR FEEDBACK.
- All parts of the Service are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights, as a collective work or compilation, pursuant to laws and international conventions. Except for your Content, all rights to the Service and derivatives thereof are retained by Us. In addition, We retain all rights to aggregated anonymous data derived from your use of the Service, with the understanding that such data will not be identifiable as belonging to or emanating from you nor will such data contain information that directly or indirectly identifies You or any other person (natural or otherwise).
- We make no claim of ownership as to your Content, the trademarks of any third party linked or displayed on the Service, or with respect to any publisher or publication mentioned on the Service.
- In the course of using the Service, you or your Users may provide Us with feedback and suggestions regarding the Service. You hereby assign to Us ownership in all such feedback and suggestions and all rights therein, without any royalty or accounting obligations to you.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
- The Service contains links and references to websites and applications of others. We may, from time to time, at our sole discretion, add or remove links. We have no control over these third-party websites and applications, we do not endorse, sponsor or confirm their content and we are not responsible or liable for any communication or transaction that you make with them.
8. WARRANTIES; DISCLAIMER
- Each of us represent, warrant and covenant to the other that: (a) it has the full corporate right, power and authority to enter into and perform this Agreement, and such execution and performance does not and will not violate any other agreement to which it is a party, and (b) this Agreement constitutes its legal, valid and binding obligation.
- The Service, when used in accordance with this Agreement, will perform in all material respects as specified in Section 1 above. Your sole and exclusive remedy under such warranty shall be for Us to use Our commercially reasonable efforts to correct or to replace the affected Service with a component or service of similar functionality. The above warranty is conditioned upon you notifying Us in writing of any alleged defect in the Services together with a documented example of such defect. This warranty shall not apply to any portion of the Service that (a) have been subject to abuse or misuse, (b) is used in combination with any other products, process, equipment or software not furnished by Us, © is related to a virus, worms and the like that has not been introduced by Us, or (d) was used without authorization.
- EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED ABOVE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE ABOVE, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO (I) THE SERVICE MEETING YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR BEING UNINTERRUPTED, CONTINUOUS, TIMELY, OR ERROR OR VIRUS FREE; (II) WHETHER YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE CONTENT WILL GENERATE ANY RESULTS OR CONSEQUENCES; OR (III) WHETHER YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS LAWFUL IN ANY PARTICULAR JURISDICTION.
- “Confidential Information” means all information provided by a party to other party, whether orally or in writing, that is designated as confidential or that reasonably should be understood to be confidential given the nature of the information and the circumstances of disclosure, and excluding any information that was or has become publicly available without the receiving party’s actions or inactions. Our confidential information includes, without limitation, the Service’s features, functionality and performance and your view of the Service. Your Confidential Information includes, without limitation, the Content.
11. TERM AND TERMINATION
- The term of the Agreement will be as set forth and agreed by the parties in the Sales Order. Either of us may terminate this Agreement if the other party (i) materially breached this Agreement and has not cured such breach within seven (7) business days after receiving notice (if curable), without prejudice and in addition to any right or remedy that the non-defaulting party may have under this Agreement or the applicable law;, or (ii) becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, receivership, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
- Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement; (a) you will cease use of the Service and all rights granted to you under this Agreement will terminate; and (b) Sections 4.1, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11 through 14, 17 and 19 survive termination of the Agreement. Thereafter, We will be under no obligation to maintain your Content, or make them available to You and We may delete any of your Content.
- In the event of a termination due to uncured breach by Us pursuant to this Section 11.1, we will refund the remaining Subscription Fees until the end of your subscription period.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, (i) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; IN EACH CASE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, EVEN IF THE PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE; AND (ii) EXCLUDING LIABILITY FOR A BREACH OF SECTION 10 (CONFIDENTIALITY), YOUR PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS AND INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS UNDER SECTION 14 (INDEMNIFICATION), EITHER PARTY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO THE OTHER PARTY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SERVICE WILL NOT EXCEED THE FEES ACTUALLY RECEIVED BY US FROM YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE APPLICABLE CLAIM. THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY AND ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
13. LIMITATION OF CLAIMS
- Any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or to the Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose, or be forever barred.
- We will indemnify, defend and hold you harmless you, your officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates from and against all losses, liabilities, claims, obligations, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) that you incur in responding to a third-party claim or demand (“Claim”) alleging that the Service (excluding any Content) infringes or constitutes wrongful use of any third party’s United States intellectual property rights. If a court of competent jurisdiction or We reasonably determine that any such claim prevails or is likely to prevail, We may, at our sole discretion and expense: (a) procure the right for you to continue to use the Service; (b) replace or modify the applicable Service so that it no longer infringes or misappropriates, as applicable, such patent or copyright; or © terminate this Agreement and refund You any prepaid Fees for the period subsequent to such termination, on a pro-rated basis.
- You will indemnify, defend and hold Us harmless Us, our officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates, from and against all losses, liabilities, claims, obligations, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to any third-party claims with respect to your use of the Service, including without limitation your Content and any claims against Us by your employees, users, consultants, customers, service providers or the like in connection with their use of the Service, and excluding Our indemnification obligations pursuant to the paragraph immediately above.
- As a condition to such indemnification each of us will provide the other with written notice of such claim. Neither We or you will enter into any settlement or compromise of any such claim without the indemnifying party`s prior written consent. The indemnifying party may assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification. In all events, each of We and you will cooperate with the other in the defense of any claim.
15. FEDERAL GOVERNMENT END USE PROVISIONS
- We provide the Service, including related software and technology, for ultimate federal government end use solely in accordance with the following: Government technical data and software rights related to the Services include only those rights customarily provided to the public as defined in this Agreement. If a government agency has a need for rights not conveyed under these terms, it must negotiate with Us to determine if there are acceptable terms for transferring such rights, and a mutually acceptable written addendum specifically conveying such rights must be included in any applicable contract or agreement.
16. COPYRIGHT PROTECTION – DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT.
- We respect the rights of copyright owners and expect Our users to the same. If you are a copyright work owner or an agent thereof, and you believe any content submitted to and hosted on the Service infringes your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing Our Designated Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (“Notice”):
- sufficient details to enable identification of the copyrighted work that has been allegedly infringed, if multiple copyrighted works are claimed to be infringed, a representative list of such works;
- a description of where the content that you claim is infringing is located on our Services; your contact information at which you may be contacted (for example, your address, telephone number, and email address);
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the content identified in the Notice is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the Notice is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is alleged to be infringed; and
- Following receipt of your Notice, We will take whatever action as We deem appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from the Service. We may ask you to provide further or supplemental information, prior to removing any content, as We deem necessary to comply with the provisions of the DMCA. It is Our policy to respond only to Notices of alleged infringement that comply with the provisions of this section.
- Our Designated Copyright Agent for notices of claims of copyright infringement may be reached as follows:
- Copyright Agent, VOCALO INC, Sharad Verma, CEO; OR by electronic mail at: support@BoostUp.ai
17. GOVERNING LAW AND EXCLUSIVE COURTS
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed in California by California residents. The parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state courts located in and serving Santa Clara County, California and the federal courts in the Northern District of California. EACH PARTY WAIVES ANY OBJECTION (ON THE GROUNDS OF LACK OF JURISDICTION, FORUM NON CONVENIENS OR OTHERWISE) TO THE EXERCISE OF SUCH JURISDICTION OVER IT BY ANY SUCH COURTS.
18. FORCE MAJEURE
- Neither party will be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement for any failure caused by reasons beyond a party’s reasonable control (including without limitation acts of God, war or civil disturbance), and it will notify the other party as soon as practicable in writing of such failure.
- You and We are independent contractors with respect to each other, and nothing in this Agreement will be construed as creating a partnership, agency, fiduciary or employment relationship or a joint venture between us.
- If any provision of this Agreement is held to be contrary to law, such provision will be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the original provision and the other provisions remain in full force and effect.
- The section titles in this Agreement are solely for convenience and have no legal or contractual significance. No provision of the Agreement will be construed against Us but rather will be construed in a neutral manner as terms entered into by a fully-informed party on a voluntary basis after opportunity to confer with advisors and legal counsel about the meaning and effects of the terms of this Agreement.
- All modifications to or waivers of any term of this Agreement must be in a writing signed by you and Us and expressly reference this Agreement. No waiver of any term of this Agreement will be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and any failure to assert any right under the Agreement will not constitute a waiver.
- Our suppliers are beneficiaries of the limitations, obligations and restrictions contained in this Agreement that are protective of Us or the Service.
- This Agreement, and any rights granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by a party, except to a successor of all or substantially all of its business or assets (by merger or otherwise).